There are newer employer reviews for Romano's Macaroni Grill

Loved the people I worked with, and the atmosphere of the restaurant.

Current Employee - Server in Redlands, CA
Current Employee - Server in Redlands, CA

I have been working at Romano's Macaroni Grill part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the hours you work can easily fit into your schedule. Always walk with cash in pocket. Good job while in school.

Cons

Obviously, like in any resaurant, work can get pretty hectic. Some guests are incapable of satifaction, regardless of the quality of service or food. Some guests refuse to tip.

Advice to Management

make sure the restaurant is always stocked with necessary items. i.e. peppermills, balsamic vinegar bottles. Be sure all servers contribute to side work and prebussing. Watch where servers place ditry dishes.

Other Employee Reviews for Romano's Macaroni Grill

1. Macaroni Grill

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Romano's Macaroni Grill full-time

Pros

Great company culture, alot of freedom, and good pay, alot of great helpful managers willing to help across the region.

Cons

Inconsistent stability and structure, no communication from executives. Training program was designed with 3-4 MIt's all training at the same time in one restaurant during business and 2-3 in-house managers all trying to use one computer wasn't easy.

Advice to Management

Communication, giving advanced notice when a policy or change is taking place. Not taking short cuts such as avoiding to fix a dishwasher (essential tool to run establishment) to get to the bottom line. Company has a huge tendency to avoid updating restaurant or even fixing never-ending abandoned projects in order to make more profit.

2. Great experience

Current Employee - Server/Manager
    Current Employee - Server/Manager

I have been working at Romano's Macaroni Grill part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the best food in the Italian chain industry, great team, great job. I have worked here for about 3 years or so and have moved up quickly in the company. I have always felt valued by my immediate supervisors, and love the work.

Cons

Sometimes corporate decisions and policies do not match up with what they claim are their goals.

Advice to Management

Find out what will incentivize the behavior you seek from your employees.