Romano's Macaroni Grill

www.macaronigrill.com
There are newer employer reviews for Romano's Macaroni Grill

Loved the fellow servers, but management constantly changes.

Former Employee - Server in Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Server in Louisville, KY

I worked at Romano's Macaroni Grill part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved that everyone had each other's back. If you needed help or got in the weeds everyone was willing to step in and help each other. It was awesome! We all got a long really well and the management (when I was there) was very helpful and encouraging.

Cons

The company has changed hands pretty often so its hard to learn/relearn the new steps of service and to get everyone on board with them. Also, there are times that people's hours would get cut, but then we would get slammed in service with no extra help.

Be consistent and listen to your servers. They know what your customers like in style of service.

122 Other Employee Reviews for Romano's Macaroni Grill (View Most Recent)

Fun to work there, no room for advancement.

Former Employee - Hostess in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Hostess in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Romano's Macaroni Grill full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone was friendly, I loved working there and I loved my coworkers, Pay wasn't bad, 75 cents above minimum wage and you could make a pretty decent amount in tips. Plus a free meal for each shift you worked.

Cons

At my particular location, I did not like the GM. If you got on his bad side, he would be rude and call you off for no reason. Other managers were great. Kept hiring servers instead of moving people up.

Move people up who already know the menu.

It's been a quick year

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Romano's Macaroni Grill full-time (more than a year)

Pros

New company has made some great strides to get things in line. They're starting to build business based on the culture of the restaurant and rolling out seasonal menus for starters.

Cons

This is the first time I've been with a company that has been bought out and its been pretty interesting to see. There have been some small speed bumps, which can be expected. Issues are more on the operational side i.e. scheduling, professionalism, and no development

If you want to continue making strides and sculpting the new business, look into parting ways with those who have been stuck in there ways since they have been with the company so long and aren't conforming to the new business model. An example I see and hear is "we get paid to work 10 hour days. "That's what so and so said 5 years ago and I still go by that". We get paid to do a job and do it right; whether it takes 9 hours or 14 hours is irrelevant. What counts is if it was it done correctly and in a timely manner to the best of your ability.

There are newer employer reviews for Romano's Macaroni Grill