Romano's Macaroni Grill

Being a server

Current Employee - Server
Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Romano's Macaroni Grill part-time

Pros

You don't have to buss your tables. You don't have to do silverware. Minimal cleaning and side work.

Cons

Average serving issues like customers and slow days.

Not everyone can get a doctors note for being sick. Not everyone can afford health insurance.

111 Other Employee Reviews for Romano's Macaroni Grill (View Most Recent)

Chaotic Mess

Former Employee - Server in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Torrance, CA

I worked at Romano's Macaroni Grill part-time (less than an year)

Pros

People I worked with excluding the two faced management team. Free food. Some really nice regular customers.

Cons

Management wanting respect; however, offering no respect in return. Servers not doing side work. Present crappy employees who are played as favorites, and can get away with anything. Dirty place. I worked there 7 moths and concrete floors never really cleaned. The food is not authentic.

Get some management. It is a corporate, chaotic gerbil wheel as far as upper management. Try getting a hold of somebody listed on the EthicsPoint bulleting they have on the office door. Joke. Seriously, a joke. Nobody listed will return your call, nobody.

It is okay - would be better with better management

Current Employee - Hostess
    Current Employee - Hostess

I have been working at Romano's Macaroni Grill part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It could be a lot of fun - it is a very unique restaurant. Rich in Italian culture and traditions.
    Sometimes you get free bread at the end of a shift. Yummy. There is definite room for growth within the company, like becoming a trainer or something like that. They also encourage you to be versatile like being trained as a bartender or chef on the side (only if you want of course!)

Cons

I'm not a big fan of the management I have seen while working there. It was always unclear what the dress code was, as my manager often made up their own rules. Additionally the management allowed a lot of drama to occur that they never really stepped in to put an end to.

Do not be afraid to let people go when it is super slow so the trainers and your best employees can get more hours.

There are newer employer reviews for Romano's Macaroni Grill