Rome Research Corporation

There are newer employer reviews for Rome Research Corporation

Honesty

Former Employee - Satellite/Com-Sec Technician in Fort Ritchie, MD
Former Employee - Satellite/Com-Sec Technician in Fort Ritchie, MD

I worked at Rome Research Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There very good at bring you in the door the truth is they may defer from the original agreement.

Cons

Pay attention to the information that is given verbally and document every conversation and meeting. You are trained and then stripped of you value for skills and hourly wage.

stick to what the offer that's presented and the employee will not leave listen to the information disturbed and stop replacing employee for inexpensive fresh out the military employee they hold only a quality to get a job not keep one over a long period.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Rome Research Corporation (View Most Recent)

Not bad. Benefits are not that great in my opionion

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Hurst, TX
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Hurst, TX

I have been working at Rome Research Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working hours flexibility are great

Cons

Cost of benefits is too high

Good pay....and that is where it stops.

Current Employee - I'll Tell You When I Get Another Job in San Miguel, CA
    Current Employee - I'll Tell You When I Get Another Job in San Miguel, CA

I have been working at Rome Research Corporation full-time

Pros

Like I said; The pay is fair for the location. It's a good place to get your feet wet after the military. Once you learn everything about the site you are better off applying your skills with a company that has the opportunity for advancement.

Cons

It's a union shop with no union presence. The only exception is when the contract is close to expiration. That's when they step up to the plate for more pay. The management here will not have your back when it comes to conflict resolution between a customer or the military. They just fire you. Even if you have evidence in your favor....they fire you. One more thing...the benefits....You are better off buying your own medical insurance.

Stand up for the people that work for you. They work hard for you....you should work hard for them. Stop the segregation between corporate and contractors. Keep up to date about openings in the corporate office. If a better position opens up tell your employees about it. If you do all of this you might not lose so many talented people.

There are newer employer reviews for Rome Research Corporation