There are newer employer reviews for Room & Board

Cool place, very involved

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Room & Board

Pros

Good pay, great work life balance, nice place to work, cross training is highly encouraged. Customer satisfaction is companies main goal.

Cons

Some company rules are in some way or another made up on the fly. Customer surveys can sometimes create tension with the wrong employees.

Choose your potential employees properly. Listen to employees ideas about what may be better for the company, sometimes the ideas do make a difference.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Room & Board (View Most Recent)

Forward-looking, forward-thinking, a company to be proud to work for and within.

Former Employee - Design Associate
    Former Employee - Design Associate

I worked at Room & Board full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong leadership, insightful. People in the company are concerned with doing the right thing, whether it is for the company or the environment, simply because it's the right thing to do. Even though the company is growing it still has a family-like feel. The work/life balance offering is one of the best I've ever seen, and employee development is genuinely employee-directed. Benefits are very good and the senior management seems to be invested in the success of people on every level.
    The culture is very collaborative, and very positive.

Cons

There isn't always good communication between showrooms, and this can lead to misunderstandings and inconsistencies. Because there is such a focus on collaboration, people who are motivated by individual recognition may not feel as satisfied as they would in a more individually competitive company culture.

As the company grows, please make sure that one department understands what the other is doing. Whether it's in central or in one of the showrooms, knowing where others are coming from ensures we all work better together.

Great place, wish I could work in corporate here.

Former Employee - Outlet Delivery Packager  in  Golden Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Outlet Delivery Packager in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at Room & Board part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very friendly management and coworkers. Celebrated any occasion with providing lunch for employees.

Cons

It was all weekend work so it got tough working a full time job and this on the weekends.

I really like how great the part-time outlet employees were treated like they were welcomed to use all of the corporate resources. Keep it up.

There are newer employer reviews for Room & Board

Worked for Room & Board? Contribute to the Community!