There are newer employer reviews for Room to Read

Excellent group of dedicated, smart people

Current Employee - Program Officer  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Program Officer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Room to Read

Pros

Fantastic colleagues, great travel opportunities, if you love this work there aren't many places like it in San Francisco. High standards for quality of work, work ethic.

Cons

Very little mentorship (b/c there are very few truly senior people on staff), limited career growth. Can be very demanding depending on your team/position. You're expected to perform at 100% all the time.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Room to Read (View Most Recent)

Good organization with room to grow

I have been working at Room to Read

Pros

Room to Read only hires the most passionate, committed people, and everyone is all around fun to work with. The people are definitely the biggest asset.

Cons

Not a lot of professional development opportunities or work life balance.

Try to recognize the caliber of people you have hired in as many ways as possible, and keep them there by ensuring opportunities for feedback, professional development, growth, and a life.

My experience in room to read has been learning journey...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

I worked at Room to Read full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I learned a lot from my colleagues at all level be it my peer group,my supervisor,management team, support function(HR & finance) and even from the global team. Every person in this organisation is so passionate and you only realise the worth of the work culture at RTR India after you leave and join any other organisation.

Cons

Since the time I joined I have just experienced too many change in the program design.... This makes a new employee feel gittery if the GO is just experimenting or if they are not clear what will work at the field level.it is only the HR team who acts as steward of the culture and funnel down the global HR behaviour but other team heads also need to start behaving in the same way.

I will advice the local management team to act more strongly to represent the country situation to the GO team. Please give time off to your team when HR is organising professional development program.

There are newer employer reviews for Room to Read

Worked for Room to Read? Contribute to the Community!