Roomful Express
www.roomfulexpress.com Pittsburgh, PA 150 to 499 Employees

They are always hiring for a reason

Sales (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

ProsI got along with most of my co-workers. I sometimes enjoyed the way I would spend 8 hours a day basically walking around and talking to people.

ConsI worked there from about 10/08-8/09 before quitting, and there are many cons. I was outright lied to about the pay (told 45k at least per year, you might make low-mid 30's if you work in a big store and do well enough to not get fired, many people make much less), as well as the benefits. I was told a large portion of benefits were paid by company, that isn't true, unless the health insurance costs the company an astronomical amount.

You would make a decent amount of money if not for the company almost never having anything in stock. The "Express" in the company name is supposed to signify fast service. This is only the case for a third of all orders, if that. People walk out on sales because of this, and you'll probably lose 30% of your written sales because of "backorders" (in most cases they were never ordered in the first place, and the customer was going to wait 2 months all along), messed up deliveries, and other various problems that are completely out of your control. Plus they have cut pay and benefits in the past couple of years.

The few salespeople that actually did well were not always completely honest with customers. They would especially lie about what the warranties covered. Apparently that's what it takes to do good there.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie to people to get them to take your job. Nobody at my store had respect for the corporate office because of this. You promise your new employees a mountain, and only give them an anthill. Maybe if you advertise it as a standard not very high paying retail job, your new hires won't all quit so quickly, because their expectations won't be so high.

started great until no merch

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Roomful Express

Pros: loved the other sales people Cons: lack of communication with sales staff from managememnt Advice to Senior Management: find a new job we went out iof business No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

In my 9 years I gained a wealth of management training and led a successful career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Roomful Express

Pros: Senior management, cooperation between stores and training. Cons: They are no longer in business. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Roomful Express.

Worked for Roomful Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Roomful Express reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Roomful Express CEO Jack McGowan. All reviews posted anonymously by Roomful Express employees.