Best Internship I've ever had

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Roosevelt University as an intern for less than a year

Pros

HR Staff went above and beyond to guide me through the internship. Exposed me to lots of HR benefits activities.

Cons

Wish it was more than 10 hours a week

Other Reviews for Roosevelt University

Lots of positives, just as many negatives

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Roosevelt University

Pros

The leadership was very supportive of professional development opportunities. They're willing to allow employees to pursue conferences and webinars if the money was there.

The leadership has a big dreams, and they are come from the right place. It's inspiring if you buy into the mission.

Cons

The school is growing rapidly, but without the infrastructure to support such efforts. Student services has not expanded at a rate to support the growing student body. A good portion of the student body requires remedial support services, and there aren't enough going around.

A fair amount of croneyism exists at the top. It's disappointing that even with leadership turnover, a lot of dysfunction persists.

My experience at Roosevelt has been interesting to say the least.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Roosevelt University

Pros

The mission at Roosevelt always has the potential to change the world and already has. The benefits are top notch, especially the 12% [of your salary] retirement benefit and 100% tuition reimbursement for you and your dependents.

Cons

Decisions seem to be made without looking at the big picture. Basic student services such as registration and financial aid have suffered as a result of elimination of support positions.

Slow down. Think before you act. Change for the sake of change is counterproductive. Management needs to listen to the needs of their student body first.

There are newer employer reviews for Roosevelt University.

Worked for Roosevelt University? Contribute to the Community!