Roper St. Francis Healthcare

A good place to work

Nursing (Current Employee)
Charleston, SC

I have been working at Roper St. Francis Healthcare

ProsFriendly environment with diverse job opportunities. Staff are well informed of issues that affect healthcare. My schedule is flexible and the medical benefits are excellent.

ConsComparible positions at other institutions pay higher. There are plenty of chances for professional development, but many of the available positions posted are lateral moves.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an open mind. The realm of nursing is huge with many diverse people.

I know there are necessities with regard to charting and "paperwork", but all this takes away from the care of the patient.

Can be a great place if you go with whatever they throw at you but don't bother registering a complaint in HR

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Roper St. Francis Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The Mission is pervasive throughout the hospital and there is a general… Cons: Things are swept under the rug, a subversive undercurrent seems to trickle down to the real worker bees and there… Advice to Senior Management: pay attention to the worker bees not just your middle… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Nursing is respected.

I have been working at Roper St. Francis Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Shared governance, applying for magnet certification, multiple certifications, Management pushes education and certification… Cons: Nurse to patient ratios close to unmanageable, census is rarely… Advice to Senior Management: Always think about how you would want your loved ones cared for and the how patient care can suffer with each extra patient… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Roper St. Francis Healthcare.

Worked for Roper St. Francis Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Roper St. Francis Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Roper St. Francis Healthcare CEO David L. Dunlap. All reviews posted anonymously by Roper St. Francis Healthcare employees.