Ropes & Gray

Mininformed Interview

Former Employee - User Support in Boston, MA
Former Employee - User Support in Boston, MA

I worked at Ropes & Gray

Pros

I would probably a few Pro's of working here was the co-workers. We had a fun time in the department and were always there to answer any questions. The other thing I would have to say would be the pay was excellent.

Cons

From the interview I was told it was a Helpdesk Support role yet most of the calls that came into the desk were administrative type stuff. I need my document in Ropes and Gray's headers and footers. Wasn't a good fit

Just be more cognoscente of what you explain to prospective employees during interviews. Don't make the job out to be something its not.

64 Other Employee Reviews for Ropes & Gray (View Most Recent)

Must be thick skinned to work here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Ropes & Gray

Pros

wonderful staff and attorneys. they hire the brightest of the bright.

Cons

Terrible senior leadership team with no end in sight of their reigns of power. They treat people poorly when the people who work here are amazingly smart and hard working, who deserve to be treated with total respect. It appears that the SLT team members lack confidence and enjoy being mean to people to feel powerful.

I would suggest that the Senior Leadership's patterns of retention and successes, amongst the teams which they have led, be closely researched and analyzed by your Strategy team. You are losing exceptional people on a daily basis because of the poor leadership at the C level.

I've worked for Law firms for many years and this is the worse law firm I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Washington, DC

I worked at Ropes & Gray

Pros

The pay is really good.

Cons

The managers hire their friends then they lay you off and they don't offer training when you ask for it.

Don't be backbiters..