There are newer employer reviews for Rosenthal Group

Good company

I have been working at Rosenthal Group

Pros

I enjoy the environment and friendly co-workers.

Cons

Pay could be better but it's not.

reviews filtered by
  1. Rosenthal & Rosenthal- Your Other Family

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Rosenthal Group

Pros

Rosenthal is a very unique place and one in which I am fairly proud to call home. There is little bureacracy, the employess are a tight-knit , friendly group and the work/life balance can not be beat. Ask and often you shall receive. People retire and still come to work lol

Cons

Management has trouble implementing protocol; double standard in fairness to employees; obscene language permitted throughout the office; discretion of authorities is at times questionable; employees often resort to blatant self-promotion in order to be recognized.

Advice to Management

Diplomacy should never be undermined and it doesn't hurt to be reminded every now and then that employees are a company's greatest asset.

2. Lies and Confusion

Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in New York, NY

I worked at Rosenthal Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Small IT Team (9 people including CTO)
    Young Co-Workers (66% of IT team below 35)
    401K, Healthcare, Dental, average salary
    Up to date IT department
    Relaxed IT Office
    8:30-4:30 schedule
    Easy work most of the time (reconnecting power cables, turning monitors on, rebooting systems, etc...)

Cons

Lots of arrogance by executives (I would look them in the eye and say "Hello" and they would just completely ignore me even though they noticed me, they would talk down to you)

No room for growth, positions are held for years.

Manager wasn't great and resulted in communication issues: he didn't make the line between friend and manager clear (he would joke around with me but would get offended when I would do the same); wanted to be respected as someone above you but acted as if he was on the same level as you; wanted things done EXACTLY his way and no way else, even if the method you chose was still professional and got the task done quickly; would take your attention away from a task and then scold you for not getting it done quickly enough

Poor floor plan: IT office is in basement and there is an elevator to the first and second floors, but to get to the third floor you have to go to the main floor, go out to the lobby and take one of the main elevators to the third floor.

Advice to Management

Make the line between friend and manager more clear, stop being so draconian in your orders

There are newer employer reviews for Rosenthal Group