Rosetta

www.rosetta.com

Good place to start but when you work for another company you realize how poorly managed it is.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people you work with, you hang out with after work.
You receive opportunities to take leadership early.
Project teams work closely together.
You learn the fundamental basics to succeed if you apply yourself.

ConsOffice is very political.
You either get on the right projects/tracks they sell everyone on or you are fighting a losing battle no matter how hard you work. (I experienced both)
Management is very young/inexperienced so they overcommit to make the sale which results in many hours non-billable and projects in crisis.
Highly underpaid for the market. (25-30% less at least)
High turnover: Most employees do not stay more than a year or 2.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo less talking about taking action (bringing in the big guns) when it is just placating.
Spend less time on changing performance management every year because it takes more time to learn than the benefit provided.
Understand your employees are professionals who are capable of doing their job and everything is not a life lesson/an opportunity to coach. Coaching in its place is good but in many cases the management uses it to elevate themselves.
East Coast and West Coast management are in a constant power struggle and the employees get caught in-between.

Change the method of pitting each employee against their peers for promotions, it causes employees to put other down to succeed and office politics win. Evaluate employees on individual effort and what they truly contribute to the company.

Great Place to Build Resume

Developer Associate (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Rosetta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Big Clients Nice Environment Good Place to start career and build… Cons: less experience people get promoted not enough opportunity for technical growth low… Advice to Senior Management: Hire Experienced Project Manager/Account Manager No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Smart, fun, hard working people but senior leadership is lacking

Senior Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Rosetta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -Surrounded by very smart people -Interesting work -Flexibility to work from home -Opportunities for junior… Cons: -Not very competitive pay -Senior leadership continues to promise things (e.g. bonuses) and not deliver -Company changes direction… Advice to Senior Management: Pick a direction and stick with it. Rally your people… More

There are newer reviews on Rosetta.

Worked for Rosetta? Contribute to the Community!