Rosetta Resources

www.rosettaresources.com
  www.rosettaresources.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rosetta Resources

Not performance based, Ex-BR employees are given free reign

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Rosetta Resources

Pros

If you previously worked for BR, you are given the benefit of the doubt and are almost guarranteed to move up in the company. Sr. Management has a comfort factor with those they have worked with in the past.

Every other Friday off - which is what you will need after the constant belittling (if you are not from BR)

Cons

They believe in induced tension - which means they pit people against each other

Compensation is a zero sum game - for one person to get rewarded it has to come out of someone ele's pocket regardless of performance by the individual or the company

There is a complete lack of trust internally - fueled by those that get rewarded for throwing others under the bus.

Actually follow your so called company values. Treat people with respect regardless of which companies they worked with in the past.

People are your best asset. They get things done to support the overpaid top brass. It makes no sense to treat them poorly.

Put the interest of the company ahead of your own ego. There are numerous examples were poor business decisions were made just so someone at the top could save face.

Sep 24, 2014Recruitment and Development Supervisor

Things have changed since this review was written in 2011. In the year I have been with Rosetta I have not witnessed the behaviors in this review. I can not speak to the past but only to the ... More

12 Other Employee Reviews for Rosetta Resources (View Most Recent)

Great if you are a former BR employee, not so great otherwise

Current Employee - A Regular JOE in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - A Regular JOE in Houston, TX

I have been working at Rosetta Resources

Pros

Challenging work, good perks (free drinks!), good co-workers. Pay is OK, can be a great opportunity if you are formerly from Burlington Resources (BR).

Cons

Preference for former BR employees, regardless of skill or competence. Executive management is often unprofessional and disrespectul towards non-ex-BR people. Company's core values are for looks only, the execs don't follow them.

Live the values you espouse to the employees. Don't be hypocrites. Treat your employees with dignity and respect. Admit that there is a morale problem and work to address it.

Sep 24, 2014Recruitment and Development Supervisor

Over the years we have worked hard build a strong team and to value the employee. In 2013 the employees voted Rosetta Resources as one of the best places to work here in Houston

OK

Current Employee - Geoscientist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Geoscientist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Rosetta Resources

Pros

OK in Denver- Decent employees, some good technical people. Denver is the step child , if you like that kind of environment great

Cons

They pit the Denver office against the Houston office- this is not a sports team. Too much nepotism in their work force

No structure to the ratings system. No structure to the career ladder- is their one. If you kiss ass- well it might work for you their

Sep 24, 2014Recruitment and Development Supervisor

Since this was written Rosetta no longer has a Denver office. Since I have been here I have not seen this behavior between the Houston office and our field offices.

There are newer employer reviews for Rosetta Resources