Rosetta Stone
www.rosettastone.com Arlington, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A job you do for awhile when needing cash

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Rosetta Stone

ProsIt was fun to meet people from around the city and the world. I was able to learn many words from other languages by demoing the software to others.

ConsThe upper management team was often times stern and mean towards employees. There was very little in the way of career development opportunities and such at this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople need a reason to work hard and this type of job is very lonely. The majority of the time you pitch a sale the client will not buy it due to it's priceyness. Because of this the relationship with eash store/kiosk manager and it's employees is crucial, as is the relationship with upper managers who may visit occasionally. People need to be INSPIRED by there leaders!

It was exciting, rewarding, challenging, and frustrating.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Rosetta Stone

Pros: The product was fun, interactive, and effective The variety of customers who shared different motives and situations to learn a language The opportunity… Cons: standing for 12 hours daily and working back-to-back shifts Lack of corporate support to recruit, retain, and reward qualified sales associates Limited and poorly executed sales training… Advice to Senior Management: Rather than be product-centric as evidenced by your mission, actions, communication. Focus on taking great care of internal customers (employees) and external customers. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Manage by fear...

Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at Rosetta Stone

Pros: GREAT product - free to those who work there. The people… Cons: Senior management seems to have NO clue. Which is apparently shown via the CEO being forced to Step down. Tries to be apple… Advice to Senior Management: Go back to northern va. Get rid of all the dead weight and get back to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Rosetta Stone.

Worked for Rosetta Stone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rosetta Stone reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rosetta Stone CEO Stephen Swad. All reviews posted anonymously by Rosetta Stone employees.