There are newer employer reviews for Rosetta Stone

Don't do it!!

I have been working at Rosetta Stone for more than a year

Pros

Best salary in the Harrisonburg area.
Casual work environment

Cons

The decent salary is not enough to compensate for the ridiculous work you have to do enforcing b.s. policies that even the employees don't agree with. Try telling someone that they get to practice in Studio "more often" after the top brass cuts the sessions from unlimited 1 hour sessions to 2 25 minute sessions per month. News flash to customers: You don't have to tell me you think it's ridiculous because I know and I agree with you.

Upper management is uneducated, almost never in the office, and does not take agent or customer feedback into account. They persecute talented, well educated people they don't like and hire folks who can barely operate a computer. They for sure love kiss ups and even an employee with real talent will not advance if they don't make nice with these people.

Our CEO has never completed one of our programs. Even our lowest paid employees in Customer Care are required to use it.

Policies change too much and too often for our customers to keep track of. The employees certainly can't. The departments do not talk to each other and the company often looks bad because of miscommunications due to the lack of interaction.

Oh yeah one more thing....that program you are being charged almost $500 for only costs us about $40 to make.

Get a CLUE. Come down and spend some time in the trenches with your staff. Get off your high horse and start thinking about your customers and less about your bottom line.

166 Other Employee Reviews for Rosetta Stone (View Most Recent)

Tread very lightly.....

Current Employee - Inside Territory Manager  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Inside Territory Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time for more than a year

Pros

-If you're on the favorite, you will progress far and fast
    -Younger sales force
    -Bagel Friday
    -COE trips are usually pretty great

Cons

-It's not uncommon to have deals stolen between verticals and team members
    -Constant change, not always positive changes
    -Emotionally irrational upper management team members
    -Little flexibility in terms of how best to meet a customer's needs

In this role, people are always willing to help their friends out whether they deserve the promotion or whatever. Be wary in choosing sales managers that maybe don't act as irrationally and emotionally.

Interesting place to work, good work culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Harrisonburg, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generally good work environment, interesting work, intelligent people, good benefits.

Cons

Very limited career growth options, employee-upper management communication problems

Add more career growth options, show employees they are valued, and listen to them

There are newer employer reviews for Rosetta Stone

Worked for Rosetta Stone? Contribute to the Community!