Rosetta Stone

www.rosettastone.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rosetta Stone

Great experience, looks great on a resume.... but you won't stay for long.

I worked at Rosetta Stone

Pros

Great brand. Great experience. Empowered to make a difference.

Cons

Poor planning from management. No strategic leadership from management. No focus on employee retention.

Focus on employee retention and a product road map that makes sense.

204 Other Employee Reviews for Rosetta Stone (View Most Recent)

Very unclear direction and focus. No training and developmenf of colleagues or succession planning.

I worked at Rosetta Stone full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great product with lots of potential in the market. The platform is moving all online, which is a good move. No more hard product. Nice colleagues.

Cons

Unclear direction and focus, poor management, ridiculous sales model, major lack of learning and development of employees. All about the bottom line.

Develop your people

Don't do it!!

I have been working at Rosetta Stone (more than a year)

Pros

Best salary in the Harrisonburg area.
    Casual work environment

Cons

The decent salary is not enough to compensate for the ridiculous work you have to do enforcing b.s. policies that even the employees don't agree with. Try telling someone that they get to practice in Studio "more often" after the top brass cuts the sessions from unlimited 1 hour sessions to 2 25 minute sessions per month. News flash to customers: You don't have to tell me you think it's ridiculous because I know and I agree with you.

Upper management is uneducated, almost never in the office, and does not take agent or customer feedback into account. They persecute talented, well educated people they don't like and hire folks who can barely operate a computer. They for sure love kiss ups and even an employee with real talent will not advance if they don't make nice with these people.

Our CEO has never completed one of our programs. Even our lowest paid employees in Customer Care are required to use it.

Policies change too much and too often for our customers to keep track of. The employees certainly can't. The departments do not talk to each other and the company often looks bad because of miscommunications due to the lack of interaction.

Oh yeah one more thing....that program you are being charged almost $500 for only costs us about $40 to make.

Get a CLUE. Come down and spend some time in the trenches with your staff. Get off your high horse and start thinking about your customers and less about your bottom line.

There are newer employer reviews for Rosetta Stone