There are newer employer reviews for Rosetta Stone

Currently not good..

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Harrisonburg, VA
Former Employee - Software Developer in Harrisonburg, VA

I worked at Rosetta Stone full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good and smart people, reasonable compensation.

Cons

Currently terrible upper management. Chaos.. people seem to be either laid off or running away..

165 Other Employee Reviews for Rosetta Stone (View Most Recent)

I am a former employee

Former Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Rosetta Stone full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great People and culture. My direct manager was the best that I have ever had. He was a mentor/friend. Loved the team I was working with

Cons

Horrible product. All senior leadership was from AOL. If you are going to have senior leadership all from another company woulldn't you want them to be from a successful company? Or at least a company that wasn't part of the worst merger in corporate history. Horrible hires for the product team. The CPO has never stayed at a single company longer than 2 years. Annual lay offs

The company still has no direction... Products are continually delayed. Sales and Marketing is really hamstrung by the inadequacies of the product. Try teaching the language the way learners want to be taught. There is a reason why the product stays on bookshelves longer than is actually used.

Brilliant staff. Terrific product. Horrible management. No vision for the future.

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time for more than a year

Pros

Truly some of the brightest minds in the industry. A genuine pleasure to work in such a creative and mentally stimulating environment.

Cons

Absolutely the worst executive level management that I have ever seen. Horrible turnover. Multiple layoffs year after year. Crazy, chaotic environment where you will be moved around from assignment to assignment with no clear direction of what you'll be working on from one month to the next. Slow to react to industry trends.

Find someone who knows how to run a company and hire the appropriate executive level staff to follow through. Create a clear, concise plan that develops products based on the strengths of the company.

Five years ago this was one of the best companies in the world to work for. Now, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Rosetta Stone

Worked for Rosetta Stone? Contribute to the Community!