Rosewood Hotels & Resorts

www.rosewoodhotels.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Rosewood Hotels & Resorts

Enjoyed my time working at rosewood hotel

Former Employee - SPA Fitness in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - SPA Fitness in Dallas, TX

I worked at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and good pay. Nice environment to work in.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Disorganized, Unethical Failure of a Company

I worked at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Several properties in nice locations around the world.

Cons

They are extremely "lost" right now. Rosewood was bought out in the past couple of years by a big company from Hong Kong. Since then, the company has changed dramatically for the negative. It seems that they breed dishonesty, make decisions that are unethical, make changes without thinking them through and cover up issues. I experienced lies, disrespect and eventual misery working for Rosewood and had been with the company for many years. After the buyout things started to change and began to get worse and worse and I believe this pattern will continue for some time until they figure out how to move forward and until they really make an effort to check in with those people that work day to day running their hotels. Many employees think that Rosewood's Corporate office, which has been going through lots of changes (sudden announcements that Corporate officers are no longer with the company), reorganizations, and so on is falling apart and will no longer be housed in Texas, but probably overseas. This company does not know how to get rid of the poisonous, weak people and bad eggs in their organization, or they are too afraid to. They don't think about their actions and who they put in charge. I saw the property where I worked go downhill when they put a person in charge who was so out of place and miserable to work for that long time employees started to quit because they couldn't stand going to work every day. They never knew what was coming and were fearful for their jobs and their sanity. How was that a right move? Did anyone at Corporate even think of what they were doing by putting a person who behaved like a dictator in the role and how the employees would be affected? It sure didn't seem so. In the end, I was incredibly disappointed by the company, its senior management and its lack of respect for all its employees. Even though I am eligible for rehire because I'm the one who quit, I would never again apply to work for this flailing, failing company. Good luck to those who do!

Advice to Management

Get a backbone, get organized, figure out what to do so you don't crumble and disappear and think about your actions. The way the company is right now is so far from the vision of the old Rosewood that soon you'll need all new staff to replace those that leave because of your misguided, unethical direction and treatment of them. I used to like working for this company and looked forward to a long career with Rosewood, but left because I couldn't stand working somewhere where there is such weakness and such a lack of respect for employees. It's like Hong Kong is dictating to and pulling the strings of a bunch of puppets in Dallas. Do you really listen, do you really care and do you really respect the people that work for you??? It doesn't seem so.

2. Poor company to work, out of touch with employees.

Former Employee - SPA Attendant in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - SPA Attendant in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice properties, generous 30% off at the spa.

Cons

Poor Health care, no holiday pay/extra benefits, Management out of touch with employees, Management don't back employees, Lots of favoritism, bad food in cafeteria and employees work many hours with nothing to show for it.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees they can be a big help. If you say employees are "Internal Guests" treat them like it.