Ross Stores
www.rossstores.com Pleasanton, CA 5000+ Employees

Ross is just a job to get by until one finds a better one.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Decatur, AL

I worked at Ross Stores

ProsThere really aren't that many reasons to work at Ross outside of getting a paycheck. The only good thing I can think of is that one could get a lot of hours.

ConsThere was employee reliability, bad communication within the store hierarchy, and bad organization from the managers resulting in late schedule posting. A store associate at Ross basically does all the jobs within the store for minimum pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think Ross should hire better store managers and better hiring managers to ensure that the store runs smoothly as well as have employees that are reliable.

The experience was something I will never forget.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Palmdale, CA

I worked at Ross Stores

Pros: The discount and how they worked with my school schedule. Cons: Working hard for little pay. Customers are ridiculous. Advice to Senior Management: Pay for commission I once sold 1000 dollars worth of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Over four years of being a slave

Monaca, PA

I have been working at Ross Stores

Pros: *Flexible hours *work experience *trained in all areas *experience what real customer service… Cons: *Terrible Management (in all stores) *Corporate has no idea what goes on in stores *Corporate comes up with crazy… Advice to Senior Management: You really should not be in store management because you have no idea what your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ross Stores.

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ross Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ross Stores CEO Michael A. Balmuth. All reviews posted anonymously by Ross Stores employees.