Ross Stores

A great experience

Current Employee - Part Time Sales in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Part Time Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Ross Stores

Pros

Everyone was really nice at my locations

Cons

they dont pay much there

you can move up quickly if you a hard worker

1017 Other Employee Reviews for Ross Stores (View Most Recent)

Where do I begin??!!

Current Employee - Retail Associate in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Retail Associate in Reno, NV

I have been working at Ross Stores

Pros

I love the merchandise along with the employee discount. I enjoy talking and helping customers with their purchases and concerns within the store.

Cons

Lack of pay and appreciation or acknowledgment for your hard work. Hearing demeaning and discriminating comments by the Store Manager to elderly employees.

Human Resource phone number accessible to employees that think they do not have a voice.

Worst place I've ever worked!

Current Employee - Cashier Etc in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Cashier Etc in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Ross Stores

Pros

Very busy. If you like fast paced atmosphere, this is the place for you. Pay is average for retail, and discounts are good.

Cons

On the floor training from day one. Terrible customer service, for example. Greet customers as they walk in, ring up purchases as fast as possible, answer the phone, check tags, process returns, onstantly call for backup, chat with customers while watching out for theft, scan returns and go-backs, keep area clean and complete your assigned sizing all this all day until your shift ends!

Stop micro managing. This would not be necessary if Ross' training was more adequate. Better customer service is achieved when employees are assigned to specific areas during their entire shift. Too many expectations for the pay. Have two people at all times at the register. This eliminates the need for constant calls for backup. Long lines are never good or fast customer service which completely contradicts Ross' standard of fast service. Employees are busy doing things that are a complete waste of time. Sizing is a waste because it takes cashiers away from the register. Ross prides itself on time management, but we waste more time doing things that can wait.
    Employees are also expected to be security in hopes to prevent losses. Employees are hired to cashier, stock merchandise prevent theft, ( what are the cameras for)? etc. All for around $ 7.50 an hour? Give me a break. Theses issues can easily be resolved by assigning employees to a specific area during their shift, and rotate the jobs between employees on a daily basis. Keep two cashiers at all times at the register so that managers don't have to be bothered, and get their jobs done. This process keeps the lines flowing and the store operations in general flowing smoothly. I don't understand why this is so difficult.

There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores