There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores

Flexible and Manageable but not Stimulating

Current Employee - Senior Merchandise Control Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Merchandise Control Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Ross Stores

Pros

Good work/life balance and they are flexible on when you take vacations, sick days, or need to leave early/come in late etc. The workload is very manageable and most of the people are very nice to work with.

Cons

The company is very top down and following Corporate direction is a must and because of that, the work is not very stimulating. Much time is spent awaiting on upper management to make decisions because there are a lot of layers in the company. This job requires someone who is very patient and does not mind having to do multiple iterations of the same task to gain approval from management.

Allow the planners to take more ownership of their business by letting them make some of their own decisions but then hold them accountable for a portion of the financial performance on their annual appraisals.

reviews filtered by
  1. I was happy with my team but my experience could have been a little better.

Former Employee - Retail Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Ross Stores

Pros

The benefits & the vacation time is great.
    I like how the company always tried to work with me to make my work there acceptable.

Cons

The team i had was great but there were some times where most of them did less then others when a group effort should be mutual. I did enjoy my time working there though.

Very overworked and very underpaid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Ross Stores

Pros

Employees at Ross work hard on a daily basis they support each other (no support with company) it creates a bond.

Cons

Not enough room to go into detail
    not enough pay for so much work

Stop being greedy, pay the people that are perspiring daily to make your billions...insurance, retirement, profit share

There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores