Ross Stores

Stingy Stingy Company!

N/A (Current Employee)
Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe best reasons to work at Ross are the co-workers. Very diverse. Most of the employees really get along well and work great as a team. OK if you want to work full time or get into management.

ConsOverworked. Very underpaid. The work itself is not bad, your just not compensated for it. If you get offered a higher position beware before you take it. Most of the time it's just more responsibility for you and more hours for the same amount of pay. You get a raise once a year, so most likely you will stay close to minimum wage no matter how long you work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't share employee info. with other employees. Not good management ethics!

OK for someone who has other employment or few bills to pay.

Stock Associate (Current Employee)
Hickory, NC

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: 20% discount, some stores have great management (mine included). 3-4 times a year you get a week of "double… Cons: Too many schedule changes without notification, when you are hired or scheduled for one job you end up doing many of the other jobs… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your associates what they deserve and stick to your own policies. Treat your associates with respect and side with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

After 6 years........

Allocation (Current Employee)
Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Lots of growth potential in both the Ross Dress for… Cons: Positions may be listed as open on job board postings, but decisions made prior to applicants… Advice to Senior Management: Watch out for some bad practices being reported. Not all management tells the truth, nor… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ross Stores.

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ross Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ross Stores CEO Michael A. Balmuth. All reviews posted anonymously by Ross Stores employees.