Ross Stores

www.rossstores.com

Decent place to work, best for single childless college students or as a 2nd job

Retail Associate (Former Employee) DFW, TX

Pros--Friendly coworkers
--20% employee discount year round, as well as double discount (40% off) days during certain times of the year. This is excellent if you want to pick up a small, inexpensive item or make a larger purchase.
--Lax policies on attendance and punctuality (can also be a negative). As long as you get in touch with your manager in advance, you are approved for time off requests 99% of the time.
--Great management at the store level
--Recognition given when and where it is due

Cons--Low pay and hours. All new associates start off at minimum wage and part-time, unless there is a (rare and highly coveted) full-time position. This can be anywhere from 8-25 hours, depending on the needs of your store.
--Terrible management at the senior level
--Young associates with no work ethic who are constantly calling in and/or show up late, meaning you will get called to cover their shift. But because hours are precious (at least to some), you will probably WANT to work the extra time.
--The store often looks like a war zone (downtown Beirut, as a comedian once joked), and there are not enough associates scheduled to deal with the mess.
--Customers who act like uncivilized gypsies, letting their children run all over the place and who throw clothing in the floor themselves. If you work here, get used to getting cussed out daily by someone who is unhappy. Possibly even spit on. Just saying.

Advice to Senior ManagementATTN. UPPER LEVEL MANAGEMENT: Please give your store managers more resources to work with. It is ridiculous that each store is expected to be spotless (hell, forget that, presentable) by the end of business hours, yet managers are only allowed to have 2 associates scheduled or risk getting chewed out for going over in payroll. And if you insist on being so cheap and it takes said manager and two associates 2 hours after closing to clean up the mess, don't get angry. Just quit being so cheap and realize that your store managers are doing a great job, considering what they have to work with.

Fast moving departmemt store

Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) Hyattsville, MD

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: Nice Co workers, great store manager lkt of traffic always… Cons: Better management needed in certain areas as far a management … Advice to Senior Management: I think for the work thats do a little more sould be given for all associatesif we make the money one more dollar would not… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worst Company to work for EVER

Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee) Stuart, FL

I worked at Ross Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Easy to get hired. If you have a pulse, you… Cons: They do NOT care about the employees. You will NEVER move up the chain and you will max out at ridiculously low pay. I worked… Advice to Senior Management: Your associates are people too. Some are better people than… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ross Stores.

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!