Ross Stores

www.rossstores.com
  www.rossstores.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores

It was alright...if not for my coworkers I wouldn't have lasted very long.

Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Tallahassee, FL
Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Ross Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people I worked with were AWESOME. They truly made going to work bearable. Managers were for the most part very nice as far as personality is concerned, but some of their decisions (mainly staffing and scheduling related) were very, very poor.

Cons

-Low pay, and they only evaluate for raises once a year.
-Management is overly concerned with payroll...as such, they regularly under-schedule and as a result too few associates are working for the store to run as smoothly as it can. Or, they won't schedule enough people, then realize it the day before, and go on a desperate crusade via phone to find someone who can come in.
-Clientele is terrible. It's an off-price store, so unfortunately many of the people you have to deal with are lower-class individuals and not at all polite or courteous. Be prepared to do A LOT of returns, by the way....I swear there are says when I had more returns than purchases. It's extremely hard to be "FAST" (their acronym for speed on the register) when you have people coming in with bags and bags of returns that have to be processed and dealt with.

Stop micromanaging your employees so much.
Schedule the proper amount of people so our work experience isn't completely miserable. You all seem to care more about payroll than your workers or even customers. When you schedule 3 people to close on a Friday night, everyone suffers. Man up and schedule the proper personnel numbers, even if it means taking a slight ding in profit.

1041 Other Employee Reviews for Ross Stores (View Most Recent)

Not good

Current Employee - Front End Supervisor in Pasadena, TX
    Current Employee - Front End Supervisor in Pasadena, TX

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The employee discount,and ghey work with your time

Cons

They dont value your work

Great job but low pay

Current Employee - Operation Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Operation Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement, and have wonderful colleagues and a good boss. I also like the fact that I can learn many useful skills in a good environment.

Cons

the pay is quite low compared to the work done, and the place is quite unorganised,

There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores