There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores

Friendly

Current Employee - Cashier in Cypress, TX
Current Employee - Cashier in Cypress, TX

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Associates and Managers are Friendly, and they correct your mistakes in a friendly manner. They are understanding when you take longer then expected (as a new employee). Happy to see when a customer find what they are looking for and more. It's also great when your able to help an customer.

Cons

I hear some gossip about other employees. Not all associates look happy to work there.

Properly train new employees in their area or give them a manual explaining what they are suppose to be doing.

957 Other Employee Reviews for Ross Stores (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Human Resources in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Financial stability, career growth opportunites, great prices! Very much enjoy the people I work with; everyone cares and is pasionate about our company. Feel I have the opportunity to make a difference every day in my role.

Cons

Our IT systems are antiquated but we are working on solutions for the future. Anticipate the continued focus on personal and professional growth that I have seen the last couple of years.

Keep the people focus along with profitability in balance.

Everyone is genuinely positive

Current Employee - Area Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Area Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Being that this is my first job, I can't say too much. However, the workers seem like a team here. There is a lot of different tasks to be done if you get scheduled in different areas. Management is friendly and I haven't had problems with scheduling very often.

Cons

Tasks are very fast paced. Its almost impossible to keep the store clean. Certain tasks can get monotonous if management schedules you with the same thing all the time.

Give new associates a little more one on one training for the first two weeks.

There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores