There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores

Everyone is genuinely positive

Current Employee - Area Supervisor  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Area Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Being that this is my first job, I can't say too much. However, the workers seem like a team here. There is a lot of different tasks to be done if you get scheduled in different areas. Management is friendly and I haven't had problems with scheduling very often.

Cons

Tasks are very fast paced. Its almost impossible to keep the store clean. Certain tasks can get monotonous if management schedules you with the same thing all the time.

Give new associates a little more one on one training for the first two weeks.

898 Other Employee Reviews for Ross Stores (View Most Recent)

Lacks clear direction & focus from leadership. Runs their employees to the ground without compensation.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Ross Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I learned a lot working from Ross at this point in my career. It taught me what to look for from future leadership partners and companies that I work for as well as what type of leader I do (and don't) want to be. I'm thankful I had this experience so I'll know what red flags to look for so I'll hopefully never have it again.

Cons

There is no true opportunity for growth or development here. This company lacks creativity, integrity, moral standards and core values. There are no priorities for their employees well being or a sense of balance in the work place. The employees are all over-worked and under-paid, from corporate to field. They lack the ability to maintain a balance between being open to change and new ideas while staying true who they are as a business. The employees are miserable and the HR department should be taken to the labor board.

Fun, fast paced & challenging

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great merchandise, opportunity for advancement, good benefits

Cons

Never enough payroll and difficult to find and keep associates. Store is filthy even with daily housekeeping.

There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!