Minimal orientation, training, or trust from management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Ross Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment, solid growth and expansion for a retail company, ambitious store growth over next ten years, okay discount benefit

Cons

Little employee development, managers are encouraged to operate very politically with lots of secrets and poor communication; plenty of project analysis but little change to long standing procedures. Lots of employees seem unhappy, but stuck there due to poor job market.

Managers should learn to thank their employees frequently for the work they do. Unless systems and procedures are updated the current company model will not work in 10 years.

Other Reviews for Ross Stores

Friendly

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Cypress, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Cypress, TX

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Associates and Managers are Friendly, and they correct your mistakes in a friendly manner. They are understanding when you take longer then expected (as a new employee). Happy to see when a customer find what they are looking for and more. It's also great when your able to help an customer.

Cons

I hear some gossip about other employees. Not all associates look happy to work there.

Properly train new employees in their area or give them a manual explaining what they are suppose to be doing.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Financial stability, career growth opportunites, great prices! Very much enjoy the people I work with; everyone cares and is pasionate about our company. Feel I have the opportunity to make a difference every day in my role.

Cons

Our IT systems are antiquated but we are working on solutions for the future. Anticipate the continued focus on personal and professional growth that I have seen the last couple of years.

Keep the people focus along with profitability in balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores.

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!