There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores

Great company benefits and bonus.

Former Employee - Buyer in New York, NY
Former Employee - Buyer in New York, NY

I worked at Ross Stores as an intern (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ross Stores has a friendly corporate culture. The buying job has reasonable goals and management trusts you to get the job done without their medling.

Cons

Offices are dark and a bit depressing, not many windows. Store visits are grueling and disappointing because store line doesn't excute properly and merchandising is a mess

Stay supportive of team. Great people on board.

978 Other Employee Reviews for Ross Stores (View Most Recent)

Growing Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Growing a lot in the Midwest - Chicagoland!

Cons

Can not think of any

Keep up the good recognition and promote growth opportunities

Pathetic

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bolingbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bolingbrook, IL

I worked at Ross Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's possible to move up rather quickly. If you don't mind being paid minimum wage to supervise other minimum wage people, that is.

Cons

Everything else. I worked there for a couple months opening a store in Bolingbrook, IL. I've worked in plenty of retail stores and been through my share of crap jobs, this one is by far the worst. Everyone I worked with got about 4-8 hours per week, sometimes zero. There were a couple favorites among a staff of 40ish that got 35 a week. It's a terrible store with bad merchandise, which , when coupled that I was only there once a week, gave me no reason to be proud of my job whatsoever. That, and they to squeeze blood out of a turnip, and will fault you for moving too much while opening boxes. I don't need that for any amount of money, let alone minimum wage. The managers themselves were okay, but the company culture is very anti-union, anti-employee, anti-benefit, I wish people would boycott places like these.

Stop the micromanagement. Listen to your employees. Don't overhire and give people 4-8 hours per week. Reward those who deserve it. Stop with all the "motivational" chants, give us incentives to work hard.

There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores