If you want to succeed, you will definitely have the opportunity, while working for Ross.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Valdosta, GA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Valdosta, GA

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They are always updating their programs to promote efficiency, and customer service .Several paid holidays including birthday and anniversary days. They offer incentives thru based on scores.

Cons

I do feel like raises could be more frequent than annually, especially for quality associates.

No advice for current management, since I'm learning on a daily basis.

Other Reviews for Ross Stores

let me tell you about me experience so far......

Current Employee - Management  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Within the retail world, this company is growing leaps and bounds. The opportunity for advancement is up to you. The environment in the store if managed right can be team building & fun. The discount and benefits are awesome compared to other retailers. Support from management overall is great. The company is always looking to update and improve the jobs on every level. If you like to be busy, there is always plenty of work to go around. When stores succeed, they are rewarded thru monthly parties, and have employee of the month, which shows a level of appreciation.

Cons

Pay is not very competitive, especially for dedicated, loyal workers. This seems to be the consensus across the board. At times the work is demanding and the company has goals & expectations that are not realistic at the sales floor level, including enough pay to handle tasks and customers (something must be neglected). Some of the stores show severe wear & tear, this makes for a less pleasurable shopping experience. Sometimes the workload and team pressure creates a negative environment and atmosphere.

store manager

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Ross Stores full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

40-45 hour work weeks
    discounts
    no 6 day work weeks even during holiday season

Cons

never enough payroll
    can never make their mind up on processes
    never question anything

There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores.

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!