Ross Stores

www.rossstores.com

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThere's basically no real concrete policies so you get away with almost anything but stealing of course. Associate discount, 20% normally and 40% on double discount days are a plus.

ConsManagers seem to know nothing, and do nothing other than sit around after they finish the 30 mins worth of paper work they do for the day. Sales associates have no specific area for the day. You pretty much run around going to different areas from the sales floor to the fitting room to the registers depending on where they need you at the time. The pay is low for the amount of work you do. I mean a 17 cent raise, really? That's just silly! There is no promotion from within, every manager I have seen has never worked at a Ross store before.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more structure and promoting from within the company. Some great associates have been with the company for years and receive little credit for doing amazing jobs.

Probably the EASIEST retail you will ever do..

Retail Associate (Former Employee) Hollywood, CA

I worked at Ross Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: -Most of the work is VERY easy. because there is a good system for the way everything works, it is easy to run go-backs, easy… Cons: -Starting pay-rate is minimum wage and non-negotiable, even if you have experience. -Sometimes felt overworked and underpaid as a result, or that I wasn't getting paid… Advice to Senior Management: Offer higher starting pay, or at least a negotiable salary for someone who has more experience. I understand you want folks to be equal and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great company to work for

Director (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Lot of opportunites. Always on the move. There are more projects… Cons: Company is not aggressive about remediating or upgrading legacy applications and systems.… Advice to Senior Management: keep doing the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ross Stores.

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!