Ross Stores

www.rossstores.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores

it sucks and its a job thats more about being confused

Current Employee - Store Protection Specialist in Buford, GA
Current Employee - Store Protection Specialist in Buford, GA

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time (less than a year)

Pros

you got paid more than the associates

Cons

everything standing for hours at a time in one spot and having to memorize useless info

less chiefs

1155 Other Employee Reviews for Ross Stores (View Most Recent)

The worst place I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You have a job. I am happy to be working, just not a place like Ross Dress for Less.

Cons

You are not paid what you are worth. Raises are a joke. More work - less pay. They take advantage of the employees who do not know better.

Management is not the problem. This is corporate's fault. I don't understand why Ross keeps hiring new employees and at the same time cutting hours from the rest of us. We're lucky is we get 20 a week. At minimum wage mind you. And there is never enough employees scheduled to get the job done. This company is great if you are a customer but don't work for them. They pay us pennies claiming they need to cut back. At the same time, they are opening new stores all over and bragging about how well the company is doing. I was hired as a sales associate. I was to cashier as a back up. I spend over half of shift cashiering and then I'm still responsible for my full department (with no help from the cashiers I helped all night). Ross only pays what they absolutely must pay their employees. getting promoted is a joke. at first you're excited because you think you've been recognized for all your hard work and now you will receive the pay you've been working so hard to get. Then you realize there is no pay raise and now you have even more rsponsibilities than before. Ross is a terrible place to work. Do not work for them. You'll be sorry. I am but I'm stuck for now.

I actually like the work I did and the company was profitable.

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time

Pros

The ASM, Area Supervisors and hourly team were exceptional hard workers.

Cons

Company did not allocate enough payroll to provide quality customer service or to allow tasks to be completed.

Never a clear cut decision made. Your told to do one thing then store manager will come over and change the previous direction given. This happens multiple times while working one task. Even Human resources will visit stores and change your direction. Evidently they haven't heard of doing it right the first time?

There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores