Ross Stores

www.rossstores.com

Unrealistic expectation and not enough payroll

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros- Employee discount 20% . Every 3 1/2 months there's a double discount 40%
- The company is growing, so there are always new positions opening up.

Cons- They pay is absolutely terrible! Way under pay compare to other retail stores.
- The store manager only come to the store once or twice a week. When i have a questions or problem i rarely get a response on time. I have to call other store's manager to ask for help.
- The assistant managers and supervisor have to take care of everything including: sales forecast, scheduling, hiring, termination, payroll issues, customers service, recovering, and merchandising, etc etc. which is fine, except they don't give us enough payroll to have enough cashiers and sales floor associates, so a lot of time managers will have to jump on the register to help out, or covering beaks for associates.
- Most of the time I feel like i am a cashier or just an associates.....
- Very rarely you get the time to learn about new thing from the upper management. poor training. they expect you to know everything and take care of everything.
- Corporate have unrealistic expectation from the stores. They keep coming up with new programs that only add more paper works for us and not enough time to get things done.
- I lost count of how many times i didn't take my lunch until my 6th hours....

Advice to Senior Management- Most of the store managers don't even come to the stores,the ASM have to take care almost everything. you should make sure the SMs trained their ASM well enough before they do that.
- Lots of hr issues.
- overall just treat your employee better.

It has been a thankless job.

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Fort Myer, VA

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: They do pay well and have good benefits. Cons: The job expectation is very high, but the morale is never raised through positive feedback. There is a lot of… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees fairly, do not openly favoritize. Revisit the paperwork requirements that are blocking… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very cutthroat and not team oriented management style

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Ross Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros: Associate Discount is significant. Opportunity for Overtime for assistant managers.… Cons: Associates are extremely low paid and very limited hours, which results in extremely dissatisfied associates… Advice to Senior Management: Allow store management a little more control of the store, to be able to develop the associates and eliminate low performing associates easier. Do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ross Stores.

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!