Ross Stores

There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores

Great opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Director in Dublin, CA
Current Employee - Director in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people are great, company is stable and growing, opportunities are always available.

Cons

Too much emphasis on details that aren't relevant.

1106 Other Employee Reviews for Ross Stores (View Most Recent)

Typical retail

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in State College, PA

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good coworkers and respectful managers. Lenient with time off and flexible with school schedules.

Cons

Low pay rate - starts just above minimum wage. Should be higher. Sometimes management can get flustered when too many people are not trained properly or call off too frequently. Hours depend on sales -- more sales means more payroll. Company caps PT hours off at 24.5

Pay us more and give us steady hours

more work does not equal more pay, more time spent there is just more time wasted

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tukwila, WA

I worked at Ross Stores part-time (less than a year)

Pros

you don't have to be very smart to work there, with little to no though at all you can have a good day at work. It's tiring but easy. the people that work there, at least at the tukwila location, were great people because it's one of the only retail places where you don't have to be a fashion snob so everyone is laid back and down to earth. I'm kind of a fashion snob but I still fit in.
    I hear you get used to it

Cons

terrible pay compared to how exhausted you'll be. shifts always changing and if you're a student like me it can be a challenge for managers to accurately coordinate with your availability when there's no time for paperwork but oh well they are nice about being flexible as long as you make the call in and not too last minute so they can switch a shift or at least know ahead of time

don't act so down about your job when the associates are ready to give up as well, only makes for low morale and a later closing time.

There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores