Ross Stores

www.rossstores.com

This store is the worst thing to happen to my life.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsEmployee discount (20%) and double discount are beneficial to your budget. The paycheck helps you make it through the two weeks.

ConsWorst customer base I've ever seen. If anything isn't in a customer's favor, it's the end of the world. Seriously? The items are already marked down, be satisfied.

Management isn't much better. In fact, for the most part, managers are worse than the customers (which is saying something). No degree necessary to be a manager in this company.

You get one week for double discount, which is 40%, but they usually schedule this the week after you've been paid so that you have less money to spend, and they therefore lose less money to employees.

There's really no chance to move up within the company. There's a program posted on the wall of my store (I'm assuming others as well) that states that if managers or assistant managers recommended by you from another company are hired, they'll pay you. With a program like that, what chances are left for advancement? If you get hired as an associate, you're stuck as an associate. You might have more responsibilities as you go on, but you'll never gain recognition for the completion of them, and your pay won't raise to match the effort you put in.

You'll never get out by the scheduled time. I've stayed as late as 4 A.M. (during the non-seasonal periods) before, and I won't be surprised if it happens again. I also continually stay at least an hour late every night the store closes, and during Christmas season, the scheduled time to leave is 1 AM. Having to open in the morning after staying until 2 or 3 AM really doesn't increase my productivity.

I've also had problems with higher management: district managers and SPS refusing to provide legal documents that were already written; instead, I was told to get them myself by asking everyone who had written.

On the face of this company, you'll hear the workforce called a "team," all united by "TRUE blue," but underneath the charade, the store doesn't care about its associates, and its management will not support you. The only team-like aspect the store actually has is the fact that EVERYBODY hates the customers.

In summary, this job is the worst I've ever had. Yeah, it pays, but it's almost slavery, or at the very least, indentured servitude.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's really nothing I could say to the management that would produce a good change in this store chain. The whole idea of Ross Dress for Less is a terrible base for good employee-management relationships.

ross

I have been working at Ross Stores

Pros: you get a 20 percent discount, somtimes they have double discount. They… Cons: The manament is very confused. The customers are very rude. you never… Advice to Senior Management: manament should communticate with its employees. They should come out… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Stay away if possible.

I have been working at Ross Stores

Pros: The 20% discount, 40% when they have double discount days. Some of the… Cons: The managers walk around in a horrible mood, at least at my store. They aren't very helpful. If you try to talk to them, it's… Advice to Senior Management: Care more about your associates. They work really hard to make sure your company looks good. They work… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ross Stores.

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!