There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores

This is the worst job I've ever had.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD

I have been working at Ross Stores

Pros

The only pro is the 20% discount. Other than that, there is no point in working here.

Cons

I've been working there for over 6 months, and in the beginning I was a little angered that I was only going to be paid $7.25/hour, which is the least I've ever made at a job. They didn't even take my 8 years of retail experience into consideration. The managers are always in a bad mood which puts the associates in a bad mood, the store is always a mess and you NEVER get out at the time you are supposed to. Once I was working until 4 a.m (even though I was supposed to get off at 11) and I was forced to come in in the morning at 8 a.m. I almost didn't show up. The associates are constantly getting screamed at even if we are working our butts off. The guests get mad because we aren't at the registers, because the managers have us doing other things throughout the store. One associate that I work with has been working there for close to 3 years and she still gets paid $8.50 an hour. Wow, $1.25 more than when she first started. I literally hate this job, I would quit but with the economy the way it is I need the money (what little they pay me). If you have other options do NOT work for Ross.

Advice to Management

Have more respect for the associates, they deserve to be paid more, especially since we do EVERYTHING. If it wasn't for your employees you wouldn't have a business.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Nice People, Low Pay

Current Employee - Customer Service/Cashier/Fitting Room/Stock Room in Richmond, TX

I have been working at Ross Stores

Pros

Can pick up extra shifts, discount on clothes

Cons

The pay is minimum wage, it could be better.

Advice to Management

Pay more and there would be less turnover

I HATE THIS PLACE

Former Employee - Associate in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in Pleasant Hill, CA

I worked at Ross Stores

Pros

some co-workers are nice and fun

Cons

everything about this place is unprofessional, well at least in the store i was in thats why i quit

Advice to Management

new managers, company managers, new everything they suck!!!!!!