Ross Stores

www.rossstores.com
  www.rossstores.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores

Come to shop to Ross,but not to work!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dunwoody, GA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at Ross Stores

Pros

20% disount
good co-workers
convinient location
I cannot even give you more good information abot this company!Sorry!

Cons

It was my first retail company to work for,they started me at $7 an hour and 10 hours per week,I had to go and find another part time job.
I was a cashier,so they wanted me to be at the register and somehow you have to go and take care of assigned department ,as soon as you start your assignment,they call you back,so you never can finish it.I worked for them 30 days,it was enough!

Please,don't tell your employees that payroll cut the hours and we have to move fast to clean the mess after people, and clock out,who cares we can leave all the mess and go home,but they want you to be robots!
If you schedule people till 10,so let them clock out at 10 p.m.,but not at 12....

1041 Other Employee Reviews for Ross Stores (View Most Recent)

Nice People, Low Pay

Current Employee - Customer Service/Cashier/Fitting Room/Stock Room in Richmond, TX

I have been working at Ross Stores

Pros

Can pick up extra shifts, discount on clothes

Cons

The pay is minimum wage, it could be better.

Pay more and there would be less turnover

This is the worst job I've ever had.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD

I have been working at Ross Stores

Pros

The only pro is the 20% discount. Other than that, there is no point in working here.

Cons

I've been working there for over 6 months, and in the beginning I was a little angered that I was only going to be paid $7.25/hour, which is the least I've ever made at a job. They didn't even take my 8 years of retail experience into consideration. The managers are always in a bad mood which puts the associates in a bad mood, the store is always a mess and you NEVER get out at the time you are supposed to. Once I was working until 4 a.m (even though I was supposed to get off at 11) and I was forced to come in in the morning at 8 a.m. I almost didn't show up. The associates are constantly getting screamed at even if we are working our butts off. The guests get mad because we aren't at the registers, because the managers have us doing other things throughout the store. One associate that I work with has been working there for close to 3 years and she still gets paid $8.50 an hour. Wow, $1.25 more than when she first started. I literally hate this job, I would quit but with the economy the way it is I need the money (what little they pay me). If you have other options do NOT work for Ross.

Have more respect for the associates, they deserve to be paid more, especially since we do EVERYTHING. If it wasn't for your employees you wouldn't have a business.

There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores