Rothstein Kass
www.rkco.com Roseland, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Place to Start, but know when to leave..

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Roseland, NJ

I worked at Rothstein Kass

Pros-Provides great benefit package with ample vacation time and days off
-Great learning experience and gateway to better opportunities at Hedge Funds or Private companies
-Paid overtime
-Firm events (LIFE Initiative, Holiday Party, Picnic)

Cons-Completely unrealistic budgets
-Some people would be managing 10 jobs during seasom while others only had 3 and would leave at 9pm, while others would be there until past There is no confidentiality. You can take management a personal problem and you can guarantee the whole office knows the next day.

Advice to Senior Management-Prove trustworthyness to workers
-Listen when your workers are speaking out (I think something is wrong when 90% of the senior class quit)
-Give FAIR evaluations with FAIR compensation. It isn't okay to give the entire company the exact same raise. It undermines the dedication some people do put in while the rest just breeze by.

I think this is a great company to start out at. You learn SO much - about hedgefunds, corporate life, and business, in general. This is a great environment to learn and strengthen your skills. After 4 years or so - get out. It's the best choice I made.

Nice, Maybe Too Nice

Auditor Financial Services (Former Employee)
Roseland, NJ

I worked at Rothstein Kass

Pros: This firm basically lets you take off anytime you want nine months out of the year with a morning's notice. You can leave early… Cons: For some reason, this firm hired quite a few people who did not belong in the accounting profession. As you may notice, a lot… Advice to Senior Management: Fire some of these morons and give the good workers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to start, but not a long-term career option

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Rothstein Kass

Pros: Additional PTO from working busy season hours Diverse crowd of people to work with Firm events (Picnic, Holiday… Cons: Unrealistic budgets and expectations Lack of training opportunity for new staff (start in mid-November but only have little time to prepare for busy season… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the employees of what they need to help them to achieve success in the firm. Most often when giving… More

There are newer reviews on Rothstein Kass.

Worked for Rothstein Kass? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rothstein Kass reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rothstein Kass CEO Steven Kass and Howard Altman. All reviews posted anonymously by Rothstein Kass employees.