Rothstein Kass

www.rkco.com

Rothstein Kass - Talking The Talk, Not Walking The Walk

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGrowing firm in accounting world.
Good opportunities to get experience in hedge fund industry, so you can find a good job after five years if you use RK to build your credentials.
Lots of fun events.

ConsFavoritism rules the day. If the managers/partners don't like you, don't expect to advance, even if you're talented.
They preach about respecting everyone in the firm, but keep on partners who don't show any respect to their staff because the partners bring in lots of $$$.
One team motto.... when really it's more like forty five teams.
Happy hours for everyone... well almost everyone, unless you know the right people, you're not getting invited.
Pay sucks. Firm askes what you want, and then offeres less. Is that how you retain talent?

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on REALLY making the changes you say you're going to make, by making partners and managers show the same respect they want given, instead of yelling and chewing out staff.
Also, the focus is on making practice staff happy, what about the non-practice personnel? Seems they're forgotten as well, and don't enjoy the same benefits (PTO time off), events (a lot don't get invites to happy hour events, to name one instance), opportunities to grow (really, if you're not pratice staff, what do you work towards?).

A great learning experience!

Audit Intern (Current Employee) Denver, CO

I have been working at Rothstein Kass as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great pay because of overtime! Office culture is a plus! Amazing senior… Cons: Long hours! No work life balance, but that come with working at an accounting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

former senior

Senior Associate (Former Employee) Roseland, NJ

I worked at Rothstein Kass full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: paid overtime, benefits, bright people, good learning Cons: too much politics, very high-stress/cutthroat environment, unrealistic expectations, no confidentiality, do not give 2 week… Advice to Senior Management: be more humane, get rid of some policies designed to create a hostile work environment, instead really need to improve HR department… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Rothstein Kass.

Worked for Rothstein Kass? Contribute to the Community!