Roti Mediterranean Grill
www.roti.com Washington, DC 6 to 15 Employees

A great concept that lacks management structure and training.

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee)
Schaumburg, IL

ProsGreat new concept; execution is a failure.

ConsI was hired here under false pretenses. I went in for an interview as a shift supervisor only to learn two weeks later that it was a position I would have to work into.

Upper management is disorganized with no clear communication between the staff. They falsely label their supervisors as leaders and this confuses not only the employees in general, but destroys morale of the supervisors who we're hired in the first place.

They strive for freshness, but serves 4-5 day old salmon. They want people to cross train on several stations but no one seems to have the experience or knowledge to train others on what to do. It's a free-for-all type of atmosphere.

The companies vision seems unclear to me. Everything is stream lined to be efficient here which is great. Training is lacking with no structure at all. They give you a packet of training material that isn't followed up on. You are basically on your own and if you don't have experience in the kitchen good luck.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire employees under false pretenses. A happy employee brings happy customers.

Unorganized and demotivating

(Former Employee)

I worked at Roti Mediterranean Grill full-time

Pros: Some of the employees really care of the company and want to make it a better place… Cons: Constant turnover with management and no clear direction of the company. Poor training, if any was given. No paid time off was offered… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

General Manager

General Manager (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Roti Mediterranean Grill full-time

Pros: Not to many any more Cons: Extremely High Turn over rate. New procedures and directives every… Advice to Senior Management: When the founder quits, you know its a bad sign. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Roti Mediterranean Grill.

Worked for Roti Mediterranean Grill? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Roti Mediterranean Grill reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Roti Mediterranean Grill employees.