Roti Mediterranean Grill

www.roti.com
There are newer employer reviews for Roti Mediterranean Grill

A great concept that lacks management structure and training.

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Schaumburg, IL
Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Roti Mediterranean Grill full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great new concept; execution is a failure.

Cons

I was hired here under false pretenses. I went in for an interview as a shift supervisor only to learn two weeks later that it was a position I would have to work into.

Upper management is disorganized with no clear communication between the staff. They falsely label their supervisors as leaders and this confuses not only the employees in general, but destroys morale of the supervisors who we're hired in the first place.

They strive for freshness, but serves 4-5 day old salmon. They want people to cross train on several stations but no one seems to have the experience or knowledge to train others on what to do. It's a free-for-all type of atmosphere.

The companies vision seems unclear to me. Everything is stream lined to be efficient here which is great. Training is lacking with no structure at all. They give you a packet of training material that isn't followed up on. You are basically on your own and if you don't have experience in the kitchen good luck.

Don't hire employees under false pretenses. A happy employee brings happy customers.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Roti Mediterranean Grill (View Most Recent)

Unorganized and demotivating

I worked at Roti Mediterranean Grill full-time

Pros

Some of the employees really care of the company and want to make it a better place to work. Free lunch was offered to all full time employees. Great location, close to everything.

Cons

Constant turnover with management and no clear direction of the company. Poor training, if any was given. No paid time off was offered for a full year, and only 2 weeks thereafter. Managers are overworked, and are rarely given salary increases. Company conducted lots of lay off's due to lack of funds and unclear vision. They bite off more than they can chew.

Great pace to work with many opportunities

Current Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Roti Mediterranean Grill full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best part of working for Roti is the opportunities that are ahead. The leadership team has a focused direction and is making the company better by putting in the correct standards and setting the expectation with the team from the top on down.

Cons

Still a young company with growing pains. It is getting better as the time has gone by.

There are newer employer reviews for Roti Mediterranean Grill