Rovi

www.rovicorp.com

Headed downhill fast

Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Innovation (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsRovi once had vision and leadership, and made some bold moves in Digital Entertainment. After Fred Amoroso retired, the company has become a miserable place to work. The new CEO is clueless and has no vision. You can't sue people you want to do business with. You can innovate without building something.

ConsIn the past 10 months, Rovi has lost their CEO, CFO, CIO, EVP of Products and Marketing, EVP of Human Resources, SVP of Consumer Electronics Products, VP of Marketing, VP of BizDev, VP of Strategy, their Chief Evangelist and their stock has gone from $70 to $15. I think that just about covers it.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people. Stop your closed-door policies. Get a vision. Get a clue. Lead. Dream, and stop looking at your spread-sheets all the time. Tom Carson is qualified. Get somebody new. Your head of sales is a bully and toxic.

No ethics , they just fire employees at will

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Rovi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: only co-workers are good. Stock price fluctuate a lot, helping… Cons: In order to survive you do not need performance , you just need to have good "relation" with… Advice to Senior Management: Before worrying about making money from your stock just have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

If you cherish your family, your sanity, your emotional stability and your career, then don’t join Rovi.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Rovi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You will earn plenty of frequent flyer miles. Cons: No Work-life Balance. No Improvement Plans. No Leadership. No Communication. No Sanity. Advice to Senior Management: Rovi is plagued with bureaucracy, politics and favoritism that will ultimately lead to the downfall of a once decent company. From the outside the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Rovi.

Worked for Rovi? Contribute to the Community!