Rovi

www.rovicorp.com

This is a decent place w. great people and products but room for improvement

(Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsRovi has smart, dedicated people, who care.
Rovi makes great products that people use everyday.
Highly capable Engineering team(s)
Excellent benefits and overall compensation package
You get what you put into this place
Great food
Flex time

I'm writing this review because I can't stand seeing our company trashed on this site. Management is willing to listen and address structural/organization issues.We've grown extensively through acquisition so it's understandable that we have had challenges integrating these disparate products and yes there are some unhappy people as in ANY organization. It's hard to change and yes management has had to make difficult decisions... after all it is a business. I think anyone who has worked anywhere is mature enough to know this.
I for one have encountered nothing but great people who take pride in the work that they do whether its in operations, administration, legal, finance, engineering, sales. etc.
 If I were laid off tomorrow I would feel the same way. This is my opinion and I think that the majority of the people that have worked and or still work here agree with me.

ConsOffice space can be improved
Sometimes teams can get into work silo's
Distributed nature of the organization can make it difficult to navigate and or confusing
Have seen a lot of changes over the past year and good people and friends leave
Hard to see friends go.
Need to get different teams to work together as one

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a bit more personable. I know it can be hard to come out of your executive bubble but sometimes personal acknowledgement (nod, smile, wave, or greeting) in the hallway can go a long way. Bonus points if you remember their names. They know yours.
You can't blame one person for everything. Everyone needs to work together and be in synch in order for us to build and ship great products. Speak with one voice, one message, and just communicate.

Relaxed, Innovative, and generous to employees

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Rovi full-time for less than a year

Pros: No micromanagement, great benefits, very good work/life balance Cons: Engineering processes are not evolved, Technical experience among engineers is… Advice to Senior Management: I think most of the negative reviews on here are from when Rovi was acquiring & integrating other companies. I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Company is going downhill

I have been working at Rovi full-time

Pros: Good work/life balance Educated co-workers Good Compensation and benefits Cons: No Vision Poor leadership in every aspect of organization New Engineering Process… Advice to Senior Management: Advice wouldn't matter at all No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Rovi.

Worked for Rovi? Contribute to the Community!