Rovi

www.rovicorp.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Rovi

Future will tell

I have been working at Rovi full-time

Pros

Some very smart people, hard working and friendly
Company has lots of potential to be at the top from a talent and product portfolio perspectives

Cons

Direction keeps shifting, lacks Product management and strategy guidance

Hire a brilliant Product strategy individual to set the future direction

229 Other Employee Reviews for Rovi (View Most Recent)

Stay away...far away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Rovi full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free breakfast, good benefits, decent pay (although none of it is worth it), that's really about it. Teaches you what to look out for and avoid in a future position.

Cons

Basically everything about the company. They are a patent troll, nothing more. They sit on old patents they own, and sue companies that actually innovate. Strategy and direction shift constantly. No one knows what the C level execs are talking about most of the time, disconnect. No one smiles, everyone seems to hate the place. Very impersonal. Cubicle farm environment, the higher in management you are, the bigger your cubicle, it's floor plan feudalism. Management is either unappreciative of work, or very fake. Secrecy and fraternization abounds throughout. No job security, if you aren't a brown noser, then expect your job to disappear at any time for no reason. You can be let go at the drop of a hat and replaced by a contractor by management that cares about nothing other than the bottom line. I saw people with 10+ years employment just thrown out the door. I never thought a company could be so bad, now I know what to avoid in the future. I for a fact know that they have reporting software that runs reports that spy on employees as well.

It wouldn't matter...the CEO doesn't even care what your name is or who you are..hopefully the patent troll legislation passes soon, I'll love to watch this sinking ship go down.

Great First 60 Days

I have been working at Rovi

Pros

These first two months at Rovi have far surpassed my hopes for the next phase of my career: great people, great culture and great work/life balance. Rovi has competitive pay/benefits, and the company is committed to its strategy. I'm especially impressed by its focus on innovation and the fact that every employee plays a part. So far, Rovi is definitely a great place to work.

Cons

More than 25 offices globally can make it hard to connect with coworkers and the culture in general.

There are newer employer reviews for Rovi