Rowan Companies
www.rowancompanies.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Opportunity of a Lifetime

Project Engineer (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Rowan Companies full-time for more than a year

ProsThis career is setting me off on a course for great success at an early age.
I have been given the ability to travel the world and work with people from all walks of life.
Currently I am working under a great leader who expects a spirit of excellence and is an example to all that surround them.

ConsThere is not always an adequate amount of time between projects and an unsure time that is known to be away from loved ones. Long stints of travel are expected and could be resolved with a backup and scheduled time to travel home.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more time between projects or hire more project employees. Allot adequate time to plan for an upgrade. This is not easy as Operations change day to day but it puts a hardship on the company when work needs to be done with an unclear scope of work expected to be completed in an already short amount of time.

Day to day challanges & opportunities to learn & updates knowledge & skills, including Safety First.

Radio Operator (Current Employee)
`Arab (Saudi Arabia)

I have been working at Rowan Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros: Safety of crew with strong coordination among the authority, Good Interpersonal… Cons: Observed Positive & Good working atmosphere among the Electrical &… Advice to Senior Management: Transportation( Taxi) fair to & fro from Home to Airport… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent company to start your career

HSE Compliance Supervisor (Current Employee)
Khobar (Saudi Arabia)

I have been working at Rowan Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The organizational structure allows for good access to management. The company is… Cons: HR support and setup is lacking in many fronts. Although a company… Advice to Senior Management: Standardize pay structure internationally instead of categorizing region wise. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Rowan Companies.

Worked for Rowan Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rowan Companies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rowan Companies CEO Matt Ralls. All reviews posted anonymously by Rowan Companies employees.