There are newer employer reviews for RoyOMartin

The best jobs for the best people, if the best people are ok with low to mediocre pay.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Alexandria, LA
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Alexandria, LA

I worked at RoyOMartin

Pros

My co-workers at RoyOMartin were great people who were mostly fun to work with. The benefits were decent. Health insurance was very inexpensive compared to other employers and included dental. Offers 401k and company profit sharing.

Cons

This is one of those companies that likes to claim to be one of the top employers in their area while most employees won't support that claim. They're notorious for laying off employees when business slows down. Many open positions go unfilled, leaving some employees doing the extra work without extra compensation. This is a family-owned and operated business. The owners are the upper management, and their decision-making often displays very little if any regard for lower-level employees.

All that wealth your family has accumulated has come at the hands of your employees, including the ones at the lowest level. You might consider taking those people into greater consideration in your decision-making process.

5 Other Employee Reviews for RoyOMartin (View Most Recent)

Roy O Martin, The Unemployer of Choice

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alexandria, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

I worked at RoyOMartin

Pros

The retirement benefits are good.

Cons

This company is entrenched in the good ole boy buddy buddy system and has run off many a good employee. I would advise staying away from this company and its harsh management environment.

Get a clue at what has happened at the Mill management level. Treat your employees with more respect. Get a grip on safety and environmental issues at the plants.

I was impressed with the teamwork. They had very good benefits and also had a very good management team.

Former Employee - Specsaw Operator  in  Chopin, LA
    Former Employee - Specsaw Operator in Chopin, LA

I worked at RoyOMartin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I feel if you work hard and are reliable then you should be given those privelages. some people work and put pride into it and others work and don't. its up to Management to decide who deserves what. That's just what I feel.

Cons

There were some time when when it came to a family or work decision then they left it up to you to choose between your family and you job which ended up costing me mine after such a long time

Please try and focus more on the quality of the product you are selling rather than the quantity. Its not all about the money. when a man goes to buy wood for his house he wants a quality product. But overall they are agood company to work for just too political.

There are newer employer reviews for RoyOMartin

Worked for RoyOMartin? Contribute to the Community!