Royal Bank of Canada

There are newer employer reviews for Royal Bank of Canada

Good place to start

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Royal Bank of Canada as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

good culture and a very safe place. I would recomend this place tothose who still want to have a life

Cons

low visability which hurts prestige and pay might not be as good as those top american firms on wall street

520 Other Employee Reviews for Royal Bank of Canada (View Most Recent)

I liked it.

Current Employee - Equity Trader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Equity Trader in New York, NY

I have been working at Royal Bank of Canada

Pros

High payout. Access to capital. Good support. Good benefits. I liked working there was profitable every month I worked there.

Cons

Management wanted to change my deal as soon as financial crisis hit. Was profitable every month, never took drawdowns, they didnt care. Raised commisions, lowered payout. So I left

Dont change employees deals for no reason. Asses each person on their own merits and dont force profitable traders to subsidize unprofitable ones.

Poor management in NY office

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Royal Bank of Canada

Pros

Very large, successful organization. Canadian division is a great place to work and Canadian colleagues are talented and upbeat. NY offices are in Manhattan. Pay is ok, on par with other financial institutions, better than other industries.

Cons

Note - this applies to NY office only!
    Poor senior management style and poor hiring of junior management. Very negative attitude and fear trickles down to staff. No promotions & no rewards for good performance. Over-hiring then firing demonstrates poor planning. Revolving door environment - good people leave.

Note - this applies to NY office only!
    Treat staff with more respect. Nurture talents and allow people to use them. Maintain a more positive attitude and reward good performance and share in company achievements.

There are newer employer reviews for Royal Bank of Canada