Royal Bank of Canada

www.rbc.com

A good entry level position

Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsExcellent training program (although I have heard they cut back on this recently)
A higher range competitive wage & benefits with regards to CSRs/Tellers in the banking industry.
A young, enjoyable team to work with (depends on area, but usually the workbase when I was there was young, and the culture evolved from there).
Gives great experience with regards to problem resolution situations and general interaction professionally with the public, generally good support and development from your managers (although YMMV once again).

ConsLittle room to move up; it was difficult to apply for better positions as the competition was fierce, and people didn't tend to leave (Account Managers).
Wage growth potential wasn't great.
Seen cuts to benefits programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being greedy. Share the wealth of the dividends of a well-run Canadian banking system with your employees! Bring back some more benefits.

Pretty good so far

I have been working at Royal Bank of Canada

Pros: able to have family life Cons: too many drones, everyone goes along and nothing changes. When… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Benefits, Pay for Performance mentality

Account Manager (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Royal Bank of Canada

Pros: Great benefits, good advancement opportunities. For Account Managers you're performance is rated based on… Cons: There is a lot of favoritism and a lot of cliques.… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure the managers you're hiring have actually done the job of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Royal Bank of Canada.

Worked for Royal Bank of Canada? Contribute to the Community!