There are newer employer reviews for Royal Bank of Canada

Great but not worth if it you're higher up

I have been working at Royal Bank of Canada full-time

Pros

excellent training, benefits starts right away (not sure if it's still the case), 3 wks vacation to start, great wage for entry level jobs, great coworkers, great managers, lots of fun!! very tolerant unless you make a HUGE mistake. always encourages us to learn new things, try new roles. not too much politics.

Cons

the wage is only great for entry level positions (CSRs) but when you move up to e.g. account managers the pay is too little for the effort you put in cuz the sales pressure is high. moving directly up (e.g. CSR to acct manager to senior acct manager) isn't too too hard IF you do great with sales but if you want to change departments it's a little tougher. and for higher level positions you really need to know people. also the annual raise is so little it's not even funny. most of us rely on the bonus, which is based on both your personal and the team achievements.

a bit more raise, maybe? it's so little it's almost non-existent. also we need more incentives to reach our goals.

446 Other Employee Reviews for Royal Bank of Canada (View Most Recent)

Awesome people, no room for growth

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Services Representative

I worked at Royal Bank of Canada part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training programs
    Constantly trying to improve client experience
    Great marketing of Brand

Cons

Difficult to gain full time employment even for star performers
    Goals are set very high which creates a lot of day to day stress
    Strange hours - nights and weekends are common

Encourage upward mobility. Empowering the employees to meet their goals will ultimately improve the quality commitment and motivation of employees, while decreasing turnover, negativity and apathy.

So far so good

Current Employee - Everyday Banking Representative  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Everyday Banking Representative in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Royal Bank of Canada full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is good, managers are good so far, a clean work environment, their Mississauga campus is nice. Excellent training

Cons

Must meet time lines, on the phones as soon as you step in, high turnover rate for Outbound reps. Minimum sales targets must be met.

There are newer employer reviews for Royal Bank of Canada

Worked for Royal Bank of Canada? Contribute to the Community!