Royal Bank of Canada

www.rbc.com

Great but not worth if it you're higher up

Prosexcellent training, benefits starts right away (not sure if it's still the case), 3 wks vacation to start, great wage for entry level jobs, great coworkers, great managers, lots of fun!! very tolerant unless you make a HUGE mistake. always encourages us to learn new things, try new roles. not too much politics.

Consthe wage is only great for entry level positions (CSRs) but when you move up to e.g. account managers the pay is too little for the effort you put in cuz the sales pressure is high. moving directly up (e.g. CSR to acct manager to senior acct manager) isn't too too hard IF you do great with sales but if you want to change departments it's a little tougher. and for higher level positions you really need to know people. also the annual raise is so little it's not even funny. most of us rely on the bonus, which is based on both your personal and the team achievements.

Advice to Senior Managementa bit more raise, maybe? it's so little it's almost non-existent. also we need more incentives to reach our goals.

It's not like it used to be....

I have been working at Royal Bank of Canada

Pros: Still a good organization to work for. Cons: New SVP in GTI is destroying the place. Advice to Senior Management: The new fear-based regime in IT is not only driving employees out… More

good

I have been working at Royal Bank of Canada

Pros: love people/great support from supervisor Cons: salary increases are minimal annually More
There are newer reviews on Royal Bank of Canada.

Worked for Royal Bank of Canada? Contribute to the Community!