Royal Bank of Canada
www.rbc.com Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

Great benefits, bonuses, and professional environment!

Investment Services Representative (Former Employee)
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Pros- Excellent management, I never worked for a company that had this level of professional management -they were all awesome!
- Good work environment here -many of the staff are career focused and want to move up.
- Competitive atmosphere but employees generally do not step on each others toes.
- Many of my former co-workers including myself were able to move to more senior roles with RBC and other firms as a result of Direct Investing experience. Good reputation in industry.
- Management will help you in your career development if you ask. Job shadows with other departments, special projects, courses.
- This is a very good starter position for B.Comm and BBA graduates with some experience. Perfect position for students that want to complete CFA -you get real world exposure to financial markets.
- All CSI courses were were paid for if you passed, $1000 was provided towards CFA as well.
- Lots of interdepartmental transfers, (back office, outbound team, email team, processing)
- If you reach the outstanding, or exceptional performance level, bonuses are excellent (10-20% of base pay). Solid bonus for standard performers.
- Excellent company direction and focus. RBC's reputation stands out and when you work for them you really feel like you are with the biggest bank -sense of pride that you work for #1.

Cons- Base salary is low but on par with industry pay.
- Difficult to get promoted within department as there are only so many team leaders and managers (however, lots of outside opportunities within RBC Financial Group).
- Some of the systems are outdated as is the case with most financial institutions.

Advice to Senior Management- None, great job!

Associate, Global Markets (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

I worked at Royal Bank of Canada as an intern for less than a year

Pros: they assisted interns always had networking events and always met… Cons: the work given was monotomus Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Typical of a big bank

Intern (Former Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Royal Bank of Canada as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Good working environment. Mostly friendly to interns and new employees.… Cons: A competitive workplace culture. Some inevitable politics and fighting over credits… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Royal Bank of Canada.

Worked for Royal Bank of Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Royal Bank of Canada reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Royal Bank of Canada CEO Gordon M. Nixon. All reviews posted anonymously by Royal Bank of Canada employees.