There are newer employer reviews for Royal Bank of Canada

A good solid job where you'll be treated fairly...just don't expect to be completely fulfilled

Current Employee - Workflow Administrator in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Workflow Administrator in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Royal Bank of Canada

Pros

Decent wages, good benefits and with a big company there's always room for movement.

Cons

A lot of outsourcing going on, sometimes they seem to plan change just for the sake of planning it and never really think things through. The culture of the bank has changed in the last decade or so which has made this a completely different place to work.

Change for the sake of change isn't always positive. When making large scale change more consultation should be done before bringing in the zero practical knowledge MBA types with their cleavers.

474 Other Employee Reviews for Royal Bank of Canada (View Most Recent)

RBC is a great place to work in terms of training and career advancement.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Royal Bank of Canada

Pros

I work as an Account Manager at the branch level in West Vancouver. I was first hired as a CSR and was able to quickly move up to Account Manager once I let my manager know of my intentions. I found nothing but support from management on my intentions to pursue a lasting career with RBC and advancing quickly.

RBC is a very multi cultural and accepting company to work for. I am always surprised at the different types of people they hire. Also, if you put in your time there is plenty of room for career advancement. The training is great and you have tons of support from all your service partners to really give your clients a superior experience.

Cons

The lack of team spirit between the service and sales teams at the branch level as always bothered me. It is also tough at time to attract clients with our rates becuase RBC is very risk adverse and looks out for the strength of the company and its shareholders. That can be a pro and a con at times.

RBC being such a big bank can also be a problem in moving the company in a direction quickly.

The turn around in the bank is very high (especially on the service side) which often leaves clients frustrated to not be dealing with the same person for very long. This is largely due to career advancement opportunities which is a good thing if that is what you are interested in.

There needs to be more of a team atmosphere especially between the service and sales teams.

We also need to become a little more hip to attract younger clientele.

We are proud to work at RBC.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Royal Bank of Canada

Pros

It's nice to know you're working for the best in the business, both in terms of banking and community/charity involvement. Pride in your job can be very motivational.

Cons

Due to lean, flat management structure, there isn't much room to move within some departments or career paths within the bank. They probably train a lot of staff who go on to greatness elsewhere.

Look at creating a bit more support structure (HR, communications, marketing, IT, etc) so that branch staff can focus more on core business and maintaining contact with potential and existing banking clients.

There are newer employer reviews for Royal Bank of Canada