Royal Bank of Scotland
www.rbs.com Edinburgh, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Was happy to leave

Vice President (Former Employee)
Stamford, CT

ProsInitially the money was good, as was the reputation. Most of the people I worked with directly were actually quite nice.

ConsBut things went downhill very quickly. It was a rudderless ship, and you felt it all the way down the lines. I found that those in the US were treated as secondary citizens in many ways. We rarely got information from management in a timely manner and our benefits were far from comparable to our UK colleagues. Maternity benefits were laughable as were the almost constant employee satisfaction questionnaires. I'm confident no one paid any attention to those.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps the now trimmed down RBS will be more manageable. Remember your employees are there at will. Some will leave a poor working environment even if they have no where else to go.

Regretful experience

I have been working at Royal Bank of Scotland

Pros: Great benefits and very laid back culture. Cons: Management lacks leadership experience and is unapproachable No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

very very very UK centric

Vice President (Current Employee)

I have been working at Royal Bank of Scotland

Pros: benefit packages(outside of compensation) new building and facilities in US few very… Cons: business is centred around UK decision makers. There global businesses who do not have empowerment locally to take advantage of local economies. bad leadership results in… Advice to Senior Management: reward all who sacrifice they're personal time for sake of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Royal Bank of Scotland.

Worked for Royal Bank of Scotland? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Royal Bank of Scotland reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Royal Bank of Scotland CEO Ross McEwan. All reviews posted anonymously by Royal Bank of Scotland employees.